Help Wanted - Write a review for CollectionDX
So you want to write a review for CollectionDX? Awesome. Here's how you get started.
First, search the site and see if the toy you want to review has already been done. We don't accept duplicate reviews, so save yourself some time beforehand.
Next, take some pictures. The more the better. Photos should be clear and in-focus. Show the box, the toy, the accessories, the articulation. Show detail shots, gimmicks, comparison photos – hell, throw something in for scale. Don't watermark your images, we'll do that.
Resize all your images to 640 x 480 (either horizontal or vertical).
When you write the text for your review, start with filling out the data about the toy – the stuff you normally below the lead image in a review.
The rest of the review should be several paragraphs long, and not only describe the various features and appearance of the toy, but should give your opinion, both positive and negative. Be constructive. What information would help a reader decide if this is the right toy for them? Who would you recommend it to?
Don't add images to the review. Instead, put the image filenames where you want the images to appear in the text.
Use proper English. Check your spelling and grammar. Use punctuation. Know the difference between “there”, “they're”, and “their”.
Attach the written review and images to an email and send to email@example.com. We'll review your submission and let you know if you need to make any changes. Please keep in mind the following:
- You grant CollectionDX the non-exclusive use of any review material you send to us in perpetuity, and grant us permission to re-use any text and images for commercial use, in any media, on CollectionDX or affiliated sites.
- By sending us a review you are giving us permission to publish it unless you otherwise specify in writing.
- You will retain ownership and copyright on your written material, however we ask that reviews submitted to CollectionDX not appear on other websites except for those owned by the author of the review.
- CollectionDX staff reserves the right to make grammatical and factual changes to the text of your review without notice or consent.
- We have the right to reject any review, for any reason.
Once your review is published, we'll send you a link. Do a few reviews on a regular basis and prove you are not a flake, we'll open up the publishing tool so you can be a regular contributor.
What are you waiting for? Send in your review today!